Are you looking to earn money online without investment by typing?
Let me tell you that you are in the right place if your answer to the questions is YES…!
There are various types of typing jobs available online, which you can start immediately. Most of them require no investment, and you can earn some extra cash by the end of the Month.
Here is the List for a Quick Scan.
- Data Entry
- Virtual Assistant
- Content Writing
I’m going to talk about each one of them in this blog post.
But before we start..!
Typing fast is one of the essential skills that you MUST have to get these jobs done.
If you don’t know how to type fast, there are various free tools available online that can help you improve your typing speed.
Try these Free Typing Software.
- Typing.Com (Free)
- Typing Master (Free)
- Typing Trainer (Free)
- Speed Typing Online (Free)
- Typesy (Paid)
Please choose one of these free typing tools and start practicing on it every day. With practice and dedication, you will begin to typing fast.
Let’s discuss six legit typing jobs to earn money online without investment by typing. Enjoy…!
#1. Data Entry
Data entry is one of the freest typing jobs available online for beginners.
- Data entry is a process of entering the data or any information in the computer using digital devices like a keyboard, pan drive, disk, scanner, or voice.
- Data entry is a job in which an employee enters data into the computer from information provided in the form of digital or non-digital.
Data entry jobs do not require any special training or skills. You can work on data entry jobs if you know how to type with speed and accuracy.
There are many types of data entry jobs, and it could be typing data from scan copies, adding data to a spreadsheet, entering information in companies database, online form filling, typing words in MS Word file, etc.
How Much Can You Earn doing Online Data Entry Jobs?
Most of the data entry jobs online do not pay well since they are straightforward tasks to complete and do not require any particular skill.
The competition in Data Entry jobs is high since many people are wanting to start working on Data Entry jobs because of its easiness.
Do not worry about the competition. Focus on getting jobs in the beginning and enhance your skills working on them.
Once you have the speed and the right strategy, the money will follow you automatically since you gain the trust of the clients you work for, and they will come back to you again for new jobs.
List of Best Data Entry Job Websites.
- Flex Jobs
- People Per Hour
- Amazon Mechanical Turk
Top Data Entry Blogs Posts
- 7 Data Entry Jobs to Earn from Home on Your Schedule
- How to Get a Data Entry Job
- Data Entry Wikipedia
- How to Work from Home With Data Entry
Recommended Data Entry YouTube Videos
- 5 Data Entry Jobs Work From Home 2019
- Data Entry Jobs From Home Interview
- Work At Home – $13 Per Hour Data Entry Work
- 12 High Paying Work From Home Jobs (2019)
Data entry jobs are one of the best ways to earn money online without investment by typing.
Captioning is specialized transcription work. In Captioning, you need to listen to an audio file and create captions of videos for those who are hard of hearing or who want to watch the video with sound off.
Types of Captioning
There are two types of Captioning jobs category.
- Real-time captioning – As the heading suggests, real-time captioning is all about transcribing live events. These events can be in the form of audio or videos.
- Offline captioning – This type of captioning is required to transcribe already recorded audio or video. This type of captioning requires less specialized knowledge of how you should place the captions in the video with the right timing.
How to Get Started in Captioning Jobs?
As mentioned above, captioning jobs are a more specialized form of transcription jobs. Getting a captioning job will be hard if you do not fulfill the below-mentioned requirements.
- Captioning experience
- Court reporting experience
- 200 Word Per Minute typing speed with 98% accuracy
- Typing test completion certificate
- Four years degree(mostly in English, journalism, or media)
Equipment Needed for Captioning Jobs?
Next comes the types of equipment you need for captioning jobs. This kind of typing job requires specialized equipment along with skills. Below is the list of equipment needed for captioning jobs.
- Steno machine
- Landline phone
- High-speed internet connection
How Much Can You Earn in Captioning Jobs?
The honest answer to the question is: It depends.
According to rev.com, a specialized transcriptionist makes about $1,495 per month. The average person completes 15 jobs and makes around $156 a month. This figure includes the one just starting.
Recommended Online Captioning Courses
Best Captioning Jobs Websites
Top Captioning Blog Posts
- Closed Captioning – Wiki
- How To Make Money With Closed Captioning Jobs
- Make $1,500/month Captioning Videos at Home
- Top Tips For Captioning Like A Pro
- The Ultimate Guide to Closed Captioning
Must Watch Captioning Jobs YouTube Videos
- Get Paid Per Hour for Video Captioning at Home
- A Chat with Our Awesome Closed Captioner!
- I Love My Job: Closed Captioner
Transcription is all about listening to an audio file and typing everything that you hear. Transcription jobs may fit If you are good at typing and have decent hearing skills.
Most of the general transcription jobs welcome freshers. However, the pay scale can be pretty less while starting as a fresher. There are different types of transcription jobs available. Few of them require special skills and some don’t.
There are three different categories of transcription jobs:
1. General Transcription, also known as GT’s, is non-medical and non-legal transcription work. These type of transcription jobs generally comes from businesses, individuals, and organizations. In General Transcription, you transcribe interviews, PDFs, dictations, and many more.
2. Medical Transcription, also know as MT’s, is a transcription process in which you listen to a voice-recorded medical report dictated by healthcare practitioners and convert it into a text format.
3. Legal Transcription is the process of transcribing a standard audio file into a text file format. Below is a list of a few of the legal transcription
- Court proceedings
- Court tapes
- Evidence/ Legal arguments
- Fire reports
- Telephone conversations
- Indexing of records
- Client letters
- Conference proceedings
What is the Transcription Process?
As defined above, while transcribing, you listen to an audio file and type everything down. But how does the job start? That’s what I’m going to show you below.
Once you get the transcription job from your chosen company, you will receive an audio file that needs to be transcribed into a text file format.
Most of the files are transferred digitally. There are several software available online to playback the audio files and make your transcription jobs easy.
Once you are done converting the audio files into the text through Transcription, you will be required to send the text file to your client within the given time frame.
Requirements to start Transcription work.
In General Transcription jobs, things like interviews, general videos, books, and PDFs, you do not need any special skills, unlike Medial and Legal Transcription jobs.
Let’s understand the basic requirements of Transcription Jobs.
- Skills – In a typical transcription job, you need decent typing speed and accuracy, English proficiency, the ability to understand the details, and meet deadlines with time management.
- Experience – It is not mandatory to have the expertise to get a General Transcription job while Legal and Medical Transcription requires relevant experience.
- Training – General Transcription requires no formal training. Legal Transcription involves experience, and Medical Transcription needs a certificate approved by AHDI( Association for Healthcare Documentation Integrity).
Transcription Jobs Interview Questions
There are a few questions you might want to prepare before applying to get a Transcription job. Below is the list of 5 essential items. Please read them very carefully.
- Please tell us about your knowledge of spelling and grammar.
- What is your experience working remotely?
- Why do you want to work for our company?
- How much time do you have in a day to work on the assignments?
- What skills and tools do you need to work on transcription projects?
How Much Can You Earn Doing Transcription?
Your earning potential ultimately depends on your ability to grab the topic and typing speed.
According to scribie.com, an online transcription company, you can earn anything between $200-$300 per month to as much as $1500 per month. You can make more if you can transcribe two hours of audio every day.
I would suggest you start alone and gradually build a team of transcribers. Once you make the team, start looking for transcription work and then outsource the same.
With practice and dedication, transcription jobs can help you earn money online without investment by typing.
Online Transcription Courses
- Transcription Skills – Learn Beginning to Advanced Skills
- General Transcription: Theory & Practice
- Transcription Certification and Training
Take these Free Transcription Test Online
Best Transcription Job Websites
- Transcribe Me
- Tiger Fish
- Daily Transcription
- Crowd Surf Work
- Casting Words
- 3play Media
Transcription Blogs Posts
- 10 Tips For Awesome Transcription
- The Top 5 Skills You Need to Become a Pro-Transcriber
- Earn $25 an Hour as a Transcriptionist
Transcription YouTube Videos
- 5 Online Transcription Jobs – No Prior Experience
- At Home Transcription Jobs for Beginners
- 5 Transcription Jobs That Earns $1000 Per Month
- How to do Transcription Work as a Freelancer
#4. Virtual Assistant
As a virtual assistant, you provide your services to other people, businesses from a remote location. This term was introduced in the 1990s.
Because of technology improvement, the business started giving jobs to people working from remote locations.
A virtual assistant is suited for those who want to help from people but do not want to hire staff on their location.
There are many online businesses, entrepreneurs using virtual assistant services for specific task such as:
- Image design
- Email marketing
- Data entry
- Accounting and Bookkeeping
- Database management
- Monitoring Voicemails
- Generating Reports
- Blogging and Digital Marketing
- Offline Marketing
- Document Coding
And many more
Online Virtual Assistant Courses
- Work From Home as a Virtual Assistant
- Virtual Assistant Training Tracks
- Start and Grow A Virtual Assistant Business In 30 Days
- Micala’s Virtual Assistant Course
Virtual Assistant Job Websites
Top Virtual Assistants Blogs Post
- How to Become a Virtual Assistant with No Experience
- The Ultimate List of Virtual Assistant Services
- How to Set Your Rates as a Virtual Assistant
- 7 Excellent Time Management Tips for Virtual Assistants
Helpful YouTube Videos about Virtual Assistant
- How to Become a Virtual Assistant in 30 Days
- Earn $700-$1000 Monthly as a Virtual Assistant
- Hot Virtual Assistant Services for 2019
- Remote Virtual Assistant Jobs (You Can Start NOW!)
Microtasks stand for a tiny paid job. These are jobs that do not require a lot of time. You can deliver a lot of value in just 1 hour working on these microtasks.
Different types of Micro Jobs
Micro jobs are one of the best ways to get an entry into the world of earning money online without investment. Micro jobs allow you to understand the process of working online. You learn all the tiny different aspects of working online.
There is a different kind of micro-jobs. These can be anything from Data entry, searching for contact details, Surveys, Drafting and applications letter, Filling simple forms, etc.
In short, anything that does not require specials skills.
As you start gaining experience and building your confidence in micro jobs, you start getting more jobs and hence earning more money online.
Pros and cons of Micro Jobs.
Everything in the world has it’s own merits and demerits. Let’s take a look at what we have got when it comes to working on micro-jobs.
Remember what we are talking about in this blog post today? Earn money online without any investment doing typing jobs.
Working on microtasks requires no startup cost because you already have a computer and a high-speed internet connection.
The other benefits of working on micro-jobs are:
- There are no interviews and calls from employers.
- Working on micro-jobs also requires no special skills and experience.
- You also don’t have to give any job commitment to the employer.
- These micro jobs take very little time to get done, and you earn easy extra money.
Let’s talk about the flip side of it—the cons.
You are not going to make a lot of money doing micro jobs since these are minimal tasks; hence employer is not going to pay much.
If you want to earn money doing this micro-task, you need to make it into your routine.
Can You Earn Your Entire Living Doing Micro Jobs?
Making your entire living solely by doing micro jobs depends upon things like:
- How much time do you have?
- How many jobs can you get? or
- What is the cost of living that you have?
Amani Roberts of Los Angeles did something hardly anybody would do in a shaky economy. He went from working into a hotel to earn his entire living by doing micro-jobs. Here is an interview with him that you might want to see.
List of Micro Job Websites.
- Click Worker
- Once Space
- Micro Workers
- Rapid Workers
- Figure Eight
- Inbox Dollars
- User Testing
- Gig Walk
- Field Agent
- Swag Bucks
#6. Content Writing
Content writing is a fantastic way to earn money online without investment by typing. I intentionally wanted to keep this option at the end of the list. The best things are always a little late 😉
We all know that everything online begins with writing content. Becoming a content writer is one of the best ways to earn money online typing without any investment.
If you are one of those who loves to write, why not put your writing skill to earn more than $100 a day online typing.
Let’s take an in-depth look at the whole concept of content writing.
What is Content Writing?
Content writing is a process of creating content on any given topic for online properties such as blogs and websites.
Every website online needs content, and every content requires a writer, and that’s where a content writer comes in the picture. A content writer works as a person who transforms their thoughts into words.
Every website online needs its customers to come and read the information, and that’s why these blogs and the websites can write about the companies product and services.
How to Start Content Writing Online?
Starting with anything is always a little tricky and challenging task. Trying to become a content writer and start getting jobs can feel the same in the beginning.
There is absolutely no reason why you can’t become a good content writer if you know the process of starting it out in the right way.
There are five steps required to become a content writer and start working on your first project.
Let’s break it down and understand each one of them in brief.
Step #1. Pick a Content Writing Niche – Finding a content writing niche is one of the essential parts of becoming a content writer.
A niche is a particular interest, topic, or theme that is common to a narrowed group of people in the broader market.
Finding your content writing niche is also crucial while starting content writing because you don’t want to become a general content writer. Still, you aim to become a specialist in a particular topic.
I suggest you find a niche or more that you:
- Enjoy writing about
- Have an above-average understanding of
Establishing yourself as an expert content writer in a particular niche will help you find more clients and charge a little higher.
Step #2. Build a Content Writer Portfolio, and Professional Bio – Next comes creating your bio and portfolio of work. Creating your portfolio is very important since most of the clients would want to see your previous work samples before they hire you for a project.
You should create your content writing portfolio and a professional bio once you choose your niche.
Below is a list of details you need to add in your content writer portfolio:
- A brief about yourself with a high-quality image
- A personal touch
- Your work samples
- Links to your social media
- Your website address
- Pitch about your services
As a beginner, you almost have all the details with you except your work samples and a website address.
Having your website is not as important as your work samples. Your work samples on the various online platform help you to lend your first content writing assignment without investing money and time in developing a website.
I will recommend you start without a website. Get a few assignments done and make some money. Once you have a stable inflow of cash, invest some part of it in building your website.
Creating a website is very easy. You can do it yourself or outsource it to a developer. You can easily find developers on various freelancing websites. I’ve mentioned most of them in this blog post.
Now, let’s talk about building your work samples.
There are several ways to starting building your work samples online without any prior writing experience.
Let’s break all the steps down below.
- Answer on Quora – Quora is a question and answer website. This is a fantastic place to show your writing skills. You can start writing helpful answers to your niche-related questions. First, create a professional-looking bio on Quora and then start finding the questions related to the niche you want to write about. I would recommend you have at least ten briefly explained answers.
- Create a profile on Medium – It’s a website that allows you to create a writer profile and publish different niches articles under your name. It’s a free service provided by the website, so anyone can create a free account and start publishing articles instantly. One of the most significant benefits of creating an account on Medium is that it’s a professional-looking and a very famous website.
- Write on Content Platform – The third most effective way to build your content writer portfolio is a content platform. Content platforms are all about connecting content writers to the companies that need content. Content platforms are a great place to start building your content portfolio while also finding prospective clients. One of the content platforms is Constant Content.
- Write for Websites and Blogs – There are dozens of websites and blogs which are looking for people who can contribute for free. Simply type “blogs who accept guest posts” or “write for us” in Google, and you will have a list of websites and blogs you can approach and offer them free content. Think about your expertise and the niche you want to talk about and then make a list of those websites to pitch using the keywords mentioned above.
Step #3. Find Your First Client
The next step is to look for your first client. Most of you would find your first client during your portfolio building process. Looking for a new prospect is a never-ending game in any business.
So, how would you find your first client?
There are two different ways to find your first client. The first and foremost way is to sign up for a freelance job providing websites (I’ve shared a list below), and the second ways are to follow the traditional approach.
Let me share a few of the traditional ways:
- Cold Pitching – Cold pitching is when you contact websites, bloggers, companies, entrepreneurs, small businesses, or startups and let them know how you can help them grow their business by proving valuable content.
- Upload Resume on Job Boards – You can find tons of jobs available online on job boards looking to hire freelance content writers. I hired one of my best content writers through job boards only. You simply need to upload your latest resume mentioning your portfolio link and job samples. Within a few days, you would start getting calls from recruiters looking to hire you.
- Let Your Friends and Family Know – This is one of the easiest ways to market yourself as a freelance content writer. Let your friends and family members know that you have started working as a freelance content writer.Also, make sure you update your social media profiles and write something about your new work. You would easily be able to find a few references.
- Connect with Other Freelance Content Writers – This is one of the best ways to grow your content writing business. Search for people who are already working as a content writer.You can find such people on social media like Facebook, LinkedIn. Go ahead and reach out to freelance content writers and ask for work. Most of them would offer you work assignments by keeping their margin.I don’t mind keeping a small amount when I’m just starting and need experience.
- Join Facebook Groups – You need to build your relations if you want to grow your content writing business online. The best way is to join Facebook groups. You would find a lot of content writing groups on Facebook.Your job is to find the best ones and start involving yourself in the conversations.You might also ask some questions and look for answers. Look for people who need help working on the content writing projects.Some many businesses and entrepreneurs are not aware of job boards and freelancing websites.
You might find them asking questions or looking for help within the Facebook group easily.
Online Content Writing Courses.
- Content Writing Course on SkillShare
- Secret Sauce of Great Writing
- Ultimate Web Content Writing Masterclass+Power words eBook
- The Strategy of Content Marketing
- FREE eCourse on Content Writing
- English Writing Skills
- Writing for the Web
- Writing what you Know
Content Writing Job Websites.
- Constant Content
- Content Kart
- Text Broker
- Go Dot Media
- Freelance Writing
- People Per Hour
- Writers Work
- All Freelance Writing
- Freelance Writing Gigs
Content Writing Blogs Post.
- 9 Simple Tips for Writing Persuasive Web Content
- Learn How to Improve Your Content Writing
- How to Be a Professional Content Writer
- 20 Ways to Find Freelance Writing Jobs (As a Beginner)
- 20 Skills You Need To Become A Successful Content Writer!
Best Content Writing YouTube Videos.
- FREELANCE WRITING: How to Get Started FAST (With No Experience!)
- How to Become a Freelance Writer in 2019 (For Total Beginners)
- 10 Signs You’d Crush It as a Freelance Writer
- How to Make Money Freelance Writing (For Beginners)
You are living in a fantastic time. You have access to everything you want to know with just a click using the internet.
My first official job was to work for a lawyer and type documents. I never knew my typing skills would bring me so far in my career.
Why not you also try earning money online working on typing jobs. As explained above, there are six ways to make money online without investment by typing.
- Data Entry
- Virtual Assistant
- Content Writing
Choose any one of them that you think you have time to invest in and start making money.
If you enjoyed this blog post about earning money online without investment by typing, found it useful, or otherwise, then I’d appreciate it if you would post your views in the comment section below.
I do read all the comments personally so that I can continually write about what people are interested in.
Thanks for your support!